RIDE ENGINE ELARA 5/4/3 WOMENS HOODED FRONT ZIP
The Ride Engine hooded Apoc is one of the warmest suits we've tried at GenXsports. Extreme warmth with a surprising amount of flex from a thick winter suit allows you to stay on the water for longer in the winter months.
The Elara 5/4/3 is our warmest women’s suit, designed for foul weather, cold water and conditions when having gear you can trust is critical. Ideal for 38-48 F water (3-9 C).
- Hood, fleece lining and liquid rubber seams keep body heat in and cold water out.
- Tapered 5/4/3 thickness- warm at the core, flexible where it matters most.
- Strategic Stitching seam layout reduces fatigue and maximizes mobility where it matters most.
- Soft fleece lining feels like a warm flannel onesie.
- Front-zip closure reduces flushing and seepage through zipper.
- PFC and PTFE free limestone neoprene- more durable, less environmental impact, no toxic hydrophobic coatings.
FLUSH RESISTANT FRONT ZIP: Closes up rather than down so it won’t get unzipped if you take a beating in the surf. Internal neck gasket zips further and prevent flushing.
BOMBER SEAMS: Stitched, glued, taped and sealed with liquid rubber for seams that are water tight, flexible and durable.
LIMESTONE-BASED NEOPRENE: Neospan S-Foam Neoprene: Industry standard for high-end suits, super soft and stretchy, more durable and less environmental impact than petroleum-based Neoprene and no toxic hydrophobic chemicals.
STRATEGIC STITCHING: Stitch pattern designed to allow for maximum range of motion while avoiding stretch points and minimising chafing.
HOLY KNEES: Rugged, abrasion resistant BAX material covers knees of all long suits for added protection and durability where it’s needed most.
BLOAT FREE DRAIN-HOLES: Strategically located to drain water and prevent “elephant leg syndrome.”
HIGH-TECH HOOD: Soft and comfortable, doesn’t choke you when you pull it back, flexi visor keeps the sun out of your eyes, drawstring tightens or loosens face opening, mouth cover tucks comfortably under your chin when not in use.
HEART WARMER: Thermalux Poly Fleece lining (on cold-water models) minimises water absorption and retains heat to keep you warm, dry and comfortable in all conditions. Layer tapers from thickest at the core to thinner at extremities to maximize warmth and mobility where they’re needed most.